Skip to main content

Words and Silence

Popular belief is that only the spoken Words are heard but if you really want to increase the effectiveness of your voice then Silence is the most powerful tool..!!

As Margaret Weis rightfully says “Words can never fully say what we want them to say, for they fumble, stammer, and break the best porcelain. The best one can hope for is to find along the way someone to share the path, content to walk in silence, for the heart communes best when it does not try to speak.”

More often we expect from the ones who matter to us a lot, to say it in Words what they mean to say just because we want to "hear" them for we believe that these words transform to feelings but in reality it is the profound enigmatic Silence in the company of true love and concern that evokes in us the feelings we so much yearn for. Only after one has used words as a medium and experienced it's limited power is one truly ready to experience and appreciate the unlimited power of silence. It takes a lot of maturity and understanding to realize how intimate a connection we share with Silence deep down in the pure layers of our inner consciousness. It keeps unveiling to us in so many mysterious ways depending upon the circumstances. It is amazing how expressive Silence could be..!!

In our day to day lives, we continuously let heaps of words, seep into us through our five senses and pile up on our brain thereby cluttering it. Some off these we evaluate and react to; others we just eschew. We are designed as such that words touch most of us only superficially and hence the colossal damage in the form of misinterpretation and misunderstandings which have a cascading effect on our lives. It takes only the intellectual DNA's to interpret words for their true meaning and essence.

Au contraire to popular definitions, Silence is not absence of noise it has a realm of it own with a light that can only been seen with the inner eyes. It is present in everyone - its just that most never bother look within. Once connected with this, it helps us handle the most difficult decisions of our lives with a clarity of circumstances and pros n' cons like never before. If you have a gift of the gab, learn to speak only when you have to else adopt silence. Pause when necessary and when you have nothing to say at all, SAY NOTHING. Such approaches will have outlasting impact. Learn to use Silence - It is a powerful tool in many contexts.

Silence is not a sign of weakness or loneliness
it's a powerful weapon of souls with fortitude
it has its own energy, substance n' style
which it bestows on us, by condescending us
by showing us its pristine inner light..!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...