Skip to main content

Valuing Relations

“It's hard to determine where to draw the line between being nice and not hurting people's feelings, and standing up for what you believe.”

It was a very recent experience when I landed in a similar situation and realized that such, too, could be the case that life could dish out to you. My only best friend with whom I share my life's one of finest relation on the basis of friendship based on the premise that we would be there for each other come what the situation be took me through it. In a platonic relation all you seek is time and nothing else. Not the clocked and timed ones but the once in a while kinds where you live in a world of your own catching up on each other and you're in a "ignore" mode with regards to the world and just spend quality time with each other. All was fine till one day, a span of time ear marked as such by him alone (a genuine surprise for me), got traded for a business deal on a later date keeping me in the dark until I re-confirmed. Its said money is the root cause of all evil and the action of my dear friend just demonstrated same. My reaction to it was stark violent followed by stoic silence because for me relations as pious as this mutual respect comes first. At least I could have been consented or informed in advance but none of these happened. It hurt and the hurt was deep. I thought a lot about it and I found my reaction to be natural and stood my grounds on same. It was a question of my beliefs and values and I had to take a stance. After all, relations as such are a highway and not a one-way street and to be taken for granted is the last straw. This is just one of the stray incidents that occurs in everybody's life (used for citation purpose). I wasn't the only one going through this but as its said emotional scars remain even after the wound is healed with time. 

It's sad that in this materialistic world where we are living where true relations are hard to find, get taken for granted by not being given their due and not valued at all. Unconditional/Do-not-expect/Demanding/Give-Take are all buzz words overlapping on their meanings but yet they fit into every relation in their own special way. At the end of the day; it takes two to tango and this is the ultimate truth be it any relation: couple/friends/siblings/... Life is pretty much demanding and taxing in itself, nowadays, why complicate it further by not valuing true relations??? Then all that will be left is bitter taste and distrust which is a direct outcome of your own decisions. Do not blame others or situations in that case for it is self created.

To sum up, there is nothing in life that stops you from refraining hurting others in such meaningful relations. Such a state of affairs is bliss but also a RARITY. Do all that it takes to preserve it.

Zendagi Migzara...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not

Never compromise yourself..!!

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. Remember that we all live our own lives. We do not live the life of another. For us to reach our pre-ordained destiny and realize our dreams, there will be many critics in life whom we have to put them on "ignore" mode; be it their insults, opinions and judgments - you’ll have to cast them all aside. For if you do not; then it means you are letting them control your life. The outcome is such that you would become so estranged from yourself and feel like the real YOU is trapped inside you screaming to let it out. Do you want to go through such myriad of emotions? NO. So, exclude yourself from all such people who create nothing but instigate you, pollute your mind and create mayhem with a whole lot of drama in your life just to add spice to their entertainment. As Ayn Rand rightfully says " I need no warrant for being, and n