Skip to main content

When the past catches up with you...

After having seen a lot of ups and downs in my life with some unusually strange incidents; I had decided to burn all the bridges behind me after I had crossed them as I wanted to move on in life. Keeping the bridges alive felt like being chained to my past. I did not want my past to make me a bitter person. With great difficulty and after a lot of sheer conviction; I took the final call and moved on in life. Sieving the good memories from the chaffed ones brought in freedom from pain and this helped me a lot.

Life has been a roller coaster ride and that too a fast paced one off lately but with every passing moment, I am learning the meaning of the finer nuances of life. Earlier, I used to shudder confusing every tiny part to be the whole but not anymore (Half knowledge can be deadly!!). Maybe, that's the role TIME plays in our lives. It brings in with it maturity and an entirely different approach towards life. A recent conversation with a close one sprung back a piece of my past unknown to me. Having burned the bridges; I did not know how to handle this piece of reality. It started with a nudge and I did not realize how soon it had snow balled enough to have my complete attention to it. Unknowingly, I had given it the power to control me which further impacted my once stable life. Whether I wanted it or not, this new piece of information from my past had clung onto me like leech. Memories of past resurfaced and reeled before me making me feel very low and reminiscing me of incidents slain. What was the point then in burning the bridges behind if the connection still persisted..?? Since it belonged to my past there was nothing I could do to undo it. It was just that I was ignorant about it and yes it did feel blissful to have been ignorant so long. If I had known it back then; maybe I would be on different course of life altogether but destiny had something else destined for me. If this piece of information has been unveiled to me now; maybe I am ripe enough today to deal with it - not immediately but certainly in due course of time.

It took me long to realize that though I had moved on, few incidents from the past have left indelible emotional scars in me and that these scars might never heal. Come what may..!!

Next time, you see your past catching up with you, know that it is only because you're ripe for same..!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...