Skip to main content

When the past catches up with you...

After having seen a lot of ups and downs in my life with some unusually strange incidents; I had decided to burn all the bridges behind me after I had crossed them as I wanted to move on in life. Keeping the bridges alive felt like being chained to my past. I did not want my past to make me a bitter person. With great difficulty and after a lot of sheer conviction; I took the final call and moved on in life. Sieving the good memories from the chaffed ones brought in freedom from pain and this helped me a lot.

Life has been a roller coaster ride and that too a fast paced one off lately but with every passing moment, I am learning the meaning of the finer nuances of life. Earlier, I used to shudder confusing every tiny part to be the whole but not anymore (Half knowledge can be deadly!!). Maybe, that's the role TIME plays in our lives. It brings in with it maturity and an entirely different approach towards life. A recent conversation with a close one sprung back a piece of my past unknown to me. Having burned the bridges; I did not know how to handle this piece of reality. It started with a nudge and I did not realize how soon it had snow balled enough to have my complete attention to it. Unknowingly, I had given it the power to control me which further impacted my once stable life. Whether I wanted it or not, this new piece of information from my past had clung onto me like leech. Memories of past resurfaced and reeled before me making me feel very low and reminiscing me of incidents slain. What was the point then in burning the bridges behind if the connection still persisted..?? Since it belonged to my past there was nothing I could do to undo it. It was just that I was ignorant about it and yes it did feel blissful to have been ignorant so long. If I had known it back then; maybe I would be on different course of life altogether but destiny had something else destined for me. If this piece of information has been unveiled to me now; maybe I am ripe enough today to deal with it - not immediately but certainly in due course of time.

It took me long to realize that though I had moved on, few incidents from the past have left indelible emotional scars in me and that these scars might never heal. Come what may..!!

Next time, you see your past catching up with you, know that it is only because you're ripe for same..!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not

Never compromise yourself..!!

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. Remember that we all live our own lives. We do not live the life of another. For us to reach our pre-ordained destiny and realize our dreams, there will be many critics in life whom we have to put them on "ignore" mode; be it their insults, opinions and judgments - you’ll have to cast them all aside. For if you do not; then it means you are letting them control your life. The outcome is such that you would become so estranged from yourself and feel like the real YOU is trapped inside you screaming to let it out. Do you want to go through such myriad of emotions? NO. So, exclude yourself from all such people who create nothing but instigate you, pollute your mind and create mayhem with a whole lot of drama in your life just to add spice to their entertainment. As Ayn Rand rightfully says " I need no warrant for being, and n