Skip to main content

Past - The way it is..!!

Holding on to the past is like trying to breathe life into a dead body that has already breath its last. It's the pain to revive it even when you know that it's gone and now all that remain are memories of the times spent together. Curtains down, one act of the play is over. The stage is empty temporarily for new and existing characters to take on their role.

No one is singled out here. We've all had our share of losses but yet how we handle them is what defines the rest of the course of our life.

Not letting go of the past or inability to overcome the past is like being caught in the vortex of the time warp that holds you enmeshed within it but there is no way out unless you wanna remain in the black hole forever or you wanna make an endeavor to step out of it. Its been a year less than a decade since I lost my dad but the mere thought of him or any family moments of get togetherness or any cross roads brings back his flooding memories rife with pain insane. Life has moved on without him, I have changed but the girl child within me continues to hold on to her dad in her continuing life's journey; all this while being unsure if he is even there watching over. Such is the mayhem in my mind..!!

I know it's entrapment and I'm stuck; I'm inflicting pain on me, myself where I've reached a stage of being both the victim and the attacker. It is not voluntarily. Some incidents do happen in our lives where we hold onto the past instead of past holding onto us..!! Why? I am still seeking answers. Is there a way to quantify loss? NO. There isn't any. Can what's gone forever especially death ever come back? NO. Why then do we keep pinning for it that it will someday..?? Replaying his last day to which I was witness to over and over again is an act I've no control on. Was there anyway, I could change that fateful day to make him live a little longer all when he kept saying he wanted to live and there I was helpless unable to do anything. This has been the biggest failure of my life. Come what may, I cannot infuse life into my dad and bring him back. Yet, I feel trapped in this bondage. Why? I have no frigging clue..!!

Life showed me a different facet of life that I was oblivious to all along. What matters, what do not, how people change, how relations change, who sticks through, who understands, what really matters, all of it..!!

But, one thing is absolutely certain you can never completely overcome your past because it surmises the person you've transformed to be today. It is up to you to decide whether to keep the doors of your heart closed to it, live within the boundaries or remain stuck in it.

We can’t put the past on rewind, pause or forward for there are no buttons in life.




Comments

Anonymous said…
God bless him , you , me and every one of us ...
~Abhi

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...