Skip to main content

Is what we want to accomplish, what we want really..?!

A recently released film that I watched today, forced me to think on these lines once again and pre-empted me to write this blog...

Most of us don’t even know what we want. We think we do, but in reality we do not. Have you ever tried to ponder, sit down and list them all and been able to do it all..??!!

In a little more than a decade, the whole face and shape of our lives have changed in such a fierce rapid pace and I don't know how many amongst us have realized this..??

In the materialistic radar, we act frenzied and run behind material possessions and gains which take us to a surreal world where everything is either superficial or fake and short-lived leaving us bereft of real emotions and lust for money, name, fame, success n' it's ilk? We short change our value system inculcated in us by our parents and alma mater to win the race or raise the bar, whatever the situation be. It gives a kick, doesn't it? I am not saying money is not important. It is a necessity to a larger extent but it is not "the be all and end all". We must know where to draw the line for while money is definitely essential but it is also the root of all evil.

In the family radar, we feel providing the luxuries compensates for the physical absence, being the money bank is the only role you got to play and rest will be taken care of typically by the woman folk. Why... don't they have a life of their own to live with? And, if they too are earning, then GOD alone bless the ego clashes, the fight for upper handedness, the lack of time and attention given to the kids, the sapping away of all energy, negative vibes and the frustrations thereon. Have you once realized that it affects the upbringing of children and the environment in the house in general? Gone are the days, when kids had complete attention from their parents and both the sets of grand parents. Today, getting all this even from a single parent itself, is a luxury..!! What's next to nuclear family, DINK, Single MOM's and what after that..?? Ever thought..??!! We are shrinking and isolating ourselves on our own of our own conscious choice but are we aware and prepared for its ramifications..??

In the emotional radar, there are no more open candid exchange of thoughts, expressions of true feelings, et al. They have been buried deep within us inside either due to other priorities or due to incidents of past that bind us to it or our deep urge to surge ahead in the corporate jungle. A relationship needs commitments too. It's a highway..!! Nobody can read anyone else's mind. We always presume that our family and close friends know what we think and feel, when it is untrue. Can you read their minds all the time..?? You do not even have time to pause and check on them genuinely, isn't it..?? Relations are like our principles and values system. Everyone has them but they only mean as much as you are willing to stand for them. In short, emotions and feelings remain unexpressed and pent up within, building a chasm slowly but surely that could destroy you to smithereens when loneliness strikes you. You will not find anyone around to careen and nurture you unless you've preserved all your close relations all the while by playing your role in it full heartedly.

"En route your journey of life when you feel you have reached an end point or when you've reached the nadirs of your life; what is it that you look for?"

This is that point in one's life where you want to walk away from all the melodrama happening around you and be with people who understand you and love you truly and unconditionally; people who will hold your hand, lend a shoulder or guide you showing you HOPE and get you to be on your own again. These people are generally your family or close friends. No one else.

How many times have you to taken a vacation off to a place with your close ones where you have switched off the mobile and e-connectivity and have experienced delightful pleasure being aware to the sensitivities of the vibrations of Mother Nature and lived every moment of your life to the fullest? Noticed the difference ever, eh..??!! There is more to life, much more...

So, what needs to be done..?? It's simple yet difficult but it isn't impossible. Unlike others, I am not preaching for I ain't a preacher; it is only after practising it myself and seeing my anam caras do it that I am sharing this with you. It's something you always knew but never bothered endeavor for you prefered the extrinsic over the intrinsic. We can strike a fine balance amongst all subject to we answering the very question, I started this blog with "What is it that we really want?" Set the priorities, next, set the milestones and tread on a path of your own. Immaterial, whether the road has been frequently or less travelled.

Instead of going by the flow; be the flow...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not