Skip to main content

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine;
I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!!

I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!!

At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its true form instead of living in the delusions of a surreal world. I have seen it all n' done it all having been through most of the forms of crisis n' windfall. I have been euphoric whenever I have reached the zeniths and have wavered n' been crest fallen whenever I reached the nadirs only to bounce back with renewed vigor after a period of dormancy. Time has played a perennially instrumental role n' healed me many-a-times.

In interludes, I have had some people whom I call as 'travelers' in my life who held me when I was falling n' guided me through the dark tunnels till we found light together. They left when their deed was done. Their departure hurt but their footprints left an indelible imprint in my heart. I was never the same after having been with them. Every such brief encounter has only helped me evolve discovering each time, a new facet within me which I was unaware of even though it was present within me all the while. After having understood the role and importance of 'travelers' in lives; I continued the tradition and played similar role in few other lives who needed me at that juncture of their life and left when I felt I had fulfilled my role and it was time to move on. Easier said than done but that's the way of life..!!

The dogmas of life have always forced me to break all set limits to rise above the situation to survive. It's said with age comes maturity. Same has been with me. The deeper realizations on the finer nuances of life, the importance of relations, the understanding of how crucial it is to handle feelings effectively, the spirit to reach the goals set in life and realize my dreams, the ability to provide for my family the very best that life has to offer and enjoy every moment of life to the fullest have changed the dimensions of my life altogether.

Life, indeed, is a mysterious intriguing journey which tests your endurance limits and wherewithal where living is not as easy as "breathe in - breathe out". You learn the meaning of life only when you connect the dots, define the "I" in you and when you have made sense of it all, you start living every moment of your life to the fullest in its true essence.

I have learnt that...
• your family is of utmost importance to you
• you find happiness in giving
• there is immense power in selfless love
• you need to pause at times to make sense in repose
• you've to spread seeds of bliss wherever you go
• you've to hold hands of those who reach out to you
• you've to reach out within you to find your true calling
• you've to set yourself FREE from all binds to be the real you

I, fervently hope that with the blessed insights and the wisdom that I have gained over time in pursuit of defining "ME"; when I reach the end point of my life, I should feel content from deep within having realized most of my dreams, nurtured my family with absolute dedication, experienced true FREEDOM and touched a few souls having taught them to believe in themselves...to learn from life... to realize their dreams... to be 'travelers' when reached out to... to nurture the unprotected... to love unconditionally...

When I'm done with my lifetime here, I want to be remembered by my close ones as, " She believed immensely in the power of Nature and knew when to rend and when to sew. No matter what the seasons of life brought, she never changed inside. She never allowed the pressures of the seasons or the weathers of life to change what she was underneath. She was a mountain you could rely on to watch over those who looked up to her."

Even if they are sublime, even if they get erased with time, I want to leave behind my footprints in the sands of time...


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sands Of Time is irrevocable and there lies a footprint which has to be preserved..........
~abhi
Life is all about change which is the only constant factor in all our lives.. what holds true today, will not hold true the day after..

Hence, even if they are sublime, even if they get erased with time, I still want to leave behind my footprints in the sands of time...
Anonymous said…
even though the only physical evidence of the travellers' existence are foot prints, that does not mean that their spirits are gone from your side.

they are around you, willing you on and speaking to the Higher Being on your behalf.
Not always, some depart forever leaving only their imprints behind.

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Never compromise yourself..!!

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. Remember that we all live our own lives. We do not live the life of another. For us to reach our pre-ordained destiny and realize our dreams, there will be many critics in life whom we have to put them on "ignore" mode; be it their insults, opinions and judgments - you’ll have to cast them all aside. For if you do not; then it means you are letting them control your life. The outcome is such that you would become so estranged from yourself and feel like the real YOU is trapped inside you screaming to let it out. Do you want to go through such myriad of emotions? NO. So, exclude yourself from all such people who create nothing but instigate you, pollute your mind and create mayhem with a whole lot of drama in your life just to add spice to their entertainment. As Ayn Rand rightfully says " I need no warrant for being, and n

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o