Skip to main content

Where did the real LIFE go by..??

It's been quite some years now since I realized we are all moving towards an unrealistic world trying to be ubiquitous just like everyone else doing what the so called society does even while it is not the real us. Each has his/her own journey; story to tell.

It all seems like a vicious rigmarole which seems to be usurping us into a vortex which will lead us where only time will unfold..!!

I have been observing this pattern and killing myself trying to seek answers to it without any success. So, today I thought I should write about my thoughts on it...

Inflation >> Never ending need to earn more and more money >> Family responsibilities >> Work Pressures coupled with politics and diplomacy >> Peer Pressures forcing you to take a call between spending time with friends or family >> Traffic/Climate/Health hazards >> Social pressures... and, we are done to death..!!

Hasn't this become a monotonous trend for one and all of us..?? Where have true love, values, subtle gestures, genuine concern, honesty, truism, simple pleasures all gone?

Like for instance take something as mundane and crazy yet noticeable, the FB addiction. The statuses all seem to be the same:
  • Monday blues...
  • after Monday, Tuesday even calendar says WTF..!!
  • TGIF..!!
  • Need a break..!! Vacation..!! Party time..!! Bored..!! Lazy Sunday..!!
Is this our so called LIFE..?? Where did the REAL LIFE go by..??

I've always tried to make the best of my situation and I thought I was proud of how I handled things in my life, but right now when I have this strong urge within me to be what I want to be, I find it to be quite daunting! My life wasn't a smooth ride but my determination made me who I am today..!! It is something that I seek pride in but am I really content within..?? NO, I am not. Why..?? The price was huge.

I feel like it was just yesterday when I was a happy chirpy carefree toddler and then suddenly here I am approaching my mid 30s. What happened in between? What happened with my life? It's almost like I have blanked out because all I can remember when I think back are collages of my struggle to make the ends meet when each time they moved the ends by the time I reached them or the spirit of love n' freedom spiced with few errant fake relations. Looking back, I certainly do not want this to be my memory when I tend to become nostalgic. Am I into depression or wallowing in self pity? NO. These words do not exist in my dictionary anymore. Experience has taken me a long way away from it.

It is said, in the train ride of life it's not the destination but the stops on the way, but what do you make out of these stops? Learn, mature, grow are the typical options but at the end of it when you have paused, do you recognize and identify the person you are seeing in the mirror..?? NO... you do not for each of these stops leave an indelible imprint on you. It is like you have been banded.

I end this here... praying for the overwhelming depth of strength within me that is made of willow which has always helped me wade through life: by bending and twisting and giving away rather than breaking..!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not

Never compromise yourself..!!

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. Remember that we all live our own lives. We do not live the life of another. For us to reach our pre-ordained destiny and realize our dreams, there will be many critics in life whom we have to put them on "ignore" mode; be it their insults, opinions and judgments - you’ll have to cast them all aside. For if you do not; then it means you are letting them control your life. The outcome is such that you would become so estranged from yourself and feel like the real YOU is trapped inside you screaming to let it out. Do you want to go through such myriad of emotions? NO. So, exclude yourself from all such people who create nothing but instigate you, pollute your mind and create mayhem with a whole lot of drama in your life just to add spice to their entertainment. As Ayn Rand rightfully says " I need no warrant for being, and n