Skip to main content

EXPECTATION - A Road block!

For a long time, I have given a lot of importance to relations in my life. While I gave all of me into every relation that I made in my life, somewhere in the remote corner of my mind was the creeping fact that I was not getting my due. This nagging thought troubled me a lot for a long time, till a dear friend of mine posed that as a rhetorical before me! For the kind of person I am, I dwelt deep on this and I started questioning myself. Why was I expecting to be reciprocated likewise in the first place? Why was I not just giving my all and getting done with it and by that I mean moving on with my life? In expecting, the reciprocation from the same person on whom I was showering love, care, affection and protection; I was also laying a base pre-condition of that he/she would do the same for me without asking for it. And, when they did not, it left me visibly hurt, affected my emotional balance and other relations. Had it not been for this conversation with this friend of mine, I would never really have accepted the fact that EXPECTATION was the root cause of it all. This perspective and acceptance changed me in a big way..!!

Isn't this a vicious loop where most of us have been and continue to be trapped..??

No one is indispensable in this world except for our parents who are the very reason why we exist. There is no one on this earth whom we could possess/own by any means. If they are ours, they will be ours come what may and if they are not, they are not ours and we must let them go. Once we understand this premise, it is a lot easier for us to go through life when people around us don't want us anymore, or do not give us the attention we seek or when you lose what/who you love most. Just love in abandon, give all that you can and move on for if you do not, you are getting back to the EXPECTATION trap.

Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. Do not go on an overkill when someone does any good to you. He/she would have an ulterior motive behind his/her move or may not at all; that's for time to tell. A genuine word of comfort, a shoulder lent to rest on, an extended hand to tide you through your trying times does not mean love or commitment and that the same would be available always. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your parents. Treasure every moment of happiness and "CAN" the rest. At the same time, while you commit to anyone, make sure you honor your word being doubly aware at the same time that it doesn't hold true for the one for whom you are doing it. Reciprocation likewise is ideal but not REAL. Do a reality check and you would realize how true it is. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles which can best be avoided.

EXPECTATION - is a road block!

Avoid it and life will be a beautiful journey. Life is a circle. Everything that you do will come back to you not necessarily from the same source. Be open to the boundless energies of universe and you will realize how blissful life is..!!

Time waits for no one, so while you are here, make the most of it and give all of you to every one, you never know from where it will come back to you!!

P.S: Dedicated to you Sathya!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I feel its better to expect , even if sometimes it hurts in end. Because of fear due to few bad experiences , we shouldn't run away or suppress our emotions. Humans are simply not designed that way .

I say enjoy while the sun shies , for darkness is inevitable anyways..

~Abhishek
It's not like that Abhi... it's about the light heartedness that you feel the moment you stop expecting anything back...

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not

Never compromise yourself..!!

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. Remember that we all live our own lives. We do not live the life of another. For us to reach our pre-ordained destiny and realize our dreams, there will be many critics in life whom we have to put them on "ignore" mode; be it their insults, opinions and judgments - you’ll have to cast them all aside. For if you do not; then it means you are letting them control your life. The outcome is such that you would become so estranged from yourself and feel like the real YOU is trapped inside you screaming to let it out. Do you want to go through such myriad of emotions? NO. So, exclude yourself from all such people who create nothing but instigate you, pollute your mind and create mayhem with a whole lot of drama in your life just to add spice to their entertainment. As Ayn Rand rightfully says " I need no warrant for being, and n