Skip to main content

COVID-19 Impact - Life redefined!

Out of nowhere, we had a new topic in our lives in February 2019  - COVID 19. Media was snow-balling the topic daily till it became a part of our everyday conversation.

What followed in March 2019 was unforeseen. We had a pandemic in our lives and the first of the lockdown for our generation. What was meant to last for a day, has transcended into 13 months and we are still where we were same time last year with a respite of few months in between. The pandemic altered our lives enormously. 

Today, WE are COVID ravaged - emotionally, physically and financially!

We cannot breathe freely. We had to trade our freedom of breathing in open fresh air to being layered behind the mask. Sanitizers became an essential overnight. Fear occupied a larger compartment in our mind. We became obsessed with sanitizations. Social distancing became the new norm. Warm hugs to loved ones became a distant memory.

Immunity which we took for granted all our life became the focal point. To keep the immunity levels high, we altered all our diet plans. Walled within the house, the confines hounded us.The only trip made outside was to fetch the groceries and medicines with a cluttered mind. Life moved online - a new medium for all of us. 

COVID has been the greatest economic calamity we have ever witnessed. The toll on the vulnerable segment is inexplicable. COVID has not spared everyone. It has left all of us poorer. 

To add, the virus is now mutating into so many variants that people all over the world are falling prey to it like a pack of cards, shattering so many dependent lives and leaving a void that will never be filled. The departure from this world is also bereft of any family rituals; they are performed by strangers. There is no glimpse of the departed soul etched in our minds anymore. There are only memories left. The kids have lost their innocence. What is transpiring in their minds is hard to decode. They have been unleashed in a world with ever changing paradigms. There is no NORMAL now. Just when we thought we had adapted ourselves to the new NORMAL, the virus reminded us that it was still our master controlling all strings by extinguishing lives all around in gargantuan numbers. Surviving each day is a blessing for us.

Our life has been redefined. We now know what we really need and what we can do without. Everything else remains an indulgence of the past. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...