Skip to main content

Time to Unplug

The world is shrinking day by day courtesy the brilliant advancement of technology. We have discovered our long lost friends and relatives with whom we lost touch. People who were a wonderful part of our childhood and growing up years. Happy to re-bond? Yes. Have the time? No.

You are in a perennial race and you always are running out of time.

Today's world operates with rules of it's own. Rules of a different kind that force you to comply and you do so willingly to step up and keep pace. Just when you think you have understood it, the dynamics change and so you force yourself to adapt once again forgetting that you have your own little world that needs you and there is an "I" too. You keep thinking that you are doing it for them, for you but NO, this is not true. 

There was a time when we used to be strongly bonded in real and not via devices and gadgets. The montages of these random memories always evoke a genuine smile in your face. Why then are you letting it remain a part of a world gone by and not creating new?

Place few friends in a sitting table and you will see them lost in their smartphones; connecting with the world outside but not with those around them. Same is the case when the family gets together at the end of the day. The web of life has no connect. Strange but true. This is our life in real. A life completely missing on the reality checks, bonding and without any calling.

Time to PAUSE.
Time to UNPLUG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o