Skip to main content

Stranger in an Unknown City - Part II

As much as I did not want to I had to pick my bags again to relocate to a new abode; I had to do it. Work affairs..!! The only thing that excited me was that I was to go through the phase of being a stranger in an unknown city who did not know what was to unfold before her and for the fact that I could explore newer horizons.

When I landed in this city, the first thing I did was inhale the air and let it sensitize me. I emptied my mind to make room for the new thoughts and feelings. I felt good then..!!

I had to rush through the first few days as I had to find an accommodation, fix a convenient route to office, arrange for my meals and step up to speed at work. None of my so called friends and colleagues offered to guide me through let alone help inspite of an earnest request. The first dent was indented with the people mentalities here..!! Is it so difficult to offer help to someone in distress..??!! To add to it, there was the daily dose of power cuts for close to 4-5 hours and the killer heat outside. It drove me mad. Eventually, I acclimatized myself to it and did not let that deter me. I ensured that I made time in the weekends to just walk endlessly on unknown roads, explore and figure my way back. The topology here is too complex and it was always a challenge for me. The only saving grace was I spoke broken local language and that helped me salvage. I always strike little conversations with people I come across be it the auto rickshaw driver or the store manager or the chaat wala or the caretaker. Overtime, I realized these were all that I enjoyed. As days passed by, the concrete jungle and work pressure got to me and gradually I saw myself transforming to  a moron robot - work to room and back and so on. Much as I did not want it to happen, it was happening..!! Imperceptibly, I started missing my family too much for want of humane touch and connect. 

Surprisingly, I found the nature too still here so much that its stillness disturbed me within. I could not connect with it. This dealt another blow. I feel uneasy when I am unable to connect with nature and I could not here. Why, I had no answers..!! 

Gradually, I confined myself in my room to the company of music and books, refusing to step out unless absolutely necessary.  The all round aloofness around me and depressing atmosphere at work stifled me. There were nights when the shackles of loneliness got the better of me and I used to just curl myself and cry my heart out not knowing when I fell asleep. I let this continue till my endurance levels reached a snapping point and I finally made a decision to pack my bags once again and return home - to the place of my belonging. An ordeal of this depth in life was not worth it is was what I told my inner-self and my healing began.

Zendagi Migzara... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Never compromise yourself..!!

When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. Remember that we all live our own lives. We do not live the life of another. For us to reach our pre-ordained destiny and realize our dreams, there will be many critics in life whom we have to put them on "ignore" mode; be it their insults, opinions and judgments - you’ll have to cast them all aside. For if you do not; then it means you are letting them control your life. The outcome is such that you would become so estranged from yourself and feel like the real YOU is trapped inside you screaming to let it out. Do you want to go through such myriad of emotions? NO. So, exclude yourself from all such people who create nothing but instigate you, pollute your mind and create mayhem with a whole lot of drama in your life just to add spice to their entertainment. As Ayn Rand rightfully says " I need no warrant for being, and n

FREEDOM

What is FREEDOM .?? It is the ability to deliberate or weigh alternatives and make choices of our own on our own. Decision is akin to making incisions to the deepest level possible of every available alternative without any fear or worry. Having done this it becomes easier to seive what really matters to us from what doesn't. Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. There was no one there. Speaks volumes, doesn't it? Such is Life. It is all about making one decision after another which makes us who we are..!! So, how important is freedom? Let me tell you, it is bloody hell important to each one us. Let go off this and the journey thereon will be a series of debacles and heart burn. When I make a decision, I withdraw into my shell (Yes, I'm a typical cancerian.!!) cut off all alternatives and make a choice and having done that then I do not look back in life ever. There have been numerous cross-roads in my life that made me halt, pause my life and