Skip to main content

Surrender

The word 'Surrender' has many negative connotations equated with defeat, weakness and failure but in its true essence and form it also means "Being One with the Unknown Source" followed by absolute fulfillment. There are 3 choices that is granted to us in our lifetime: Give Up, Give In or Give it your all. If things don't get right, even after exacting yourself by giving it your all then accept the situation. Get into the flow. All along never think of surrendering as giving up. To surrender means to yield, to concede to the way things are and to give way to something else without forcing it to happen our way.  Giving up is entirely different ball game; it means to quit, to stop and to resign yourself to the idea that something is just not going to happen.You're not walking that path again, so, don't look back for all that's to happen with you, lies ahead of you..!!

We are perpetually at WAR with Life in all walks of Life. While living under the umbrella of such paradigm, it must be understood that surrender is an imperative aspect for any real attempt at authenticity and integration. To surrender does not mean that you are weak and unable to face life's crisis and have lost the handle of life. It's not that you no longer care about your life, family, friends. You very much do but with a different approach. In Life, we all experience blankness of mind where you are unable to take any decisions. If you're stuck at one such crossroad and are unable to make a choice; do not give up but do surrender to time and Universe akin and choose to go with the flow of whatever is happening around you instead of letting them cause the turmoil within you. Instinctively, keep walking ahead for you never know what may be waiting for you in the next corner when you’re willing to be unattached to the outcome. 

Paradoxically, there is great sense of freedom and an increased sense of control which one feels when he/she surrenders to the unknown force in the mystics of the Universe as against fighting the obvious that cannot be reigned-in at this point and time. 

Under no circumstances must life be yielded to be controlled by some odd doctrines that do not make any sense. As it is rightly said, one must go with the flow or be the flow. When the latter may seem hideous at times; opting for the former is a clear baby step towards clearing all the voices in your head till you find your bearings that have been marred by circumstances. So, gracefully surrender to the flow of life even if momentarily, accepting things as they are in this moment and are able to move into the next moment from that place of peace/dissonance. Acceptance of this very fact makes all the difference. The rest just fall in place with time.


After having surrendered to the various nadirs of my life; I would sum myself, today, as:
I am in oneness with Nature.
I am the part of flow.
I am the flow.
I AM.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o