Skip to main content

FREEDOM

What is FREEDOM.??
It is the ability to deliberate or weigh alternatives and make choices of our own on our own. Decision is akin to making incisions to the deepest level possible of every available alternative without any fear or worry. Having done this it becomes easier to seive what really matters to us from what doesn't.

Fear knocked at the door.
Faith answered.
There was no one there.

Speaks volumes, doesn't it? Such is Life. It is all about making one decision after another which makes us who we are..!!

So, how important is freedom? Let me tell you, it is bloody hell important to each one us. Let go off this and the journey thereon will be a series of debacles and heart burn.

When I make a decision, I withdraw into my shell (Yes, I'm a typical cancerian.!!) cut off all alternatives and make a choice and having done that then I do not look back in life ever. There have been numerous cross-roads in my life that made me halt, pause my life and forced me to take a call and I did. Was this easy? NO. Could I avoid? NO. I had to get myself in control in totality, weigh my situation and decide. Were my decisions always right? NO. But, whenever they were not there was always an experience, a learning that helped me in the long run. No matter how much the rest of the world disagrees with me; I continue to think of life in extremes. For me, decisions in life have to be conclusive, either black or white. The grays are what complicate life. Being a Technologist, I would say, life indeed is binary: 0 or 1.

In the very recent, I stepped into a different world thinking as most of us do that the other side is greener than the patch we are in but after spending sometime in this world, I realized that I couldn't adapt and align myself to this farce stricken world, come what may. It was killing me from within. I felt as if I was sinking into a never ending vortex till I mustered all of the little will left within me to take control of myself and make sense of the situation. No one else could do it for me. I had to do it for myself. This is one more truth of life. You alone are responsible for you and your life. No one else is. It took me long to deliberate, ponder, weigh and make the choice. I opted to step outta that world. Had I lingered any longer, I would have self-destructed myself. The moment I had taken this decision; I felt so light hearted. Words fall short of expressing the feeling I felt. It was one of absolute bliss and sheer freedom that made me feel exalted and gave me back my power. The power to maneuverer life my way. Today, I enjoy my life like never before (in the recent one year which has been most traumatic for me). Out of experience, I can say for sure, happiness is just a state of mind and it lies within us to seek it even in the midst of all chaos surrounding us.

I end this blog in my signature style with my verse...
There's fascination of things to come,
Can't stop now, can't go slow,
I am feeling a sense of freedom, above all,
I know this in essence is my life's true call..!!

Comments

mehul said…
How very true, that true happiness lies within us, I am glad that you are feeling very happy and on the top of the world now, now just stay there, thats the place I always wanted you to be. Good Luck.
Anonymous said…
Its xllent....after going through all your philosophical thoughts and poetry....which reveals u r true personality and ....close with the nature of love. Keep it up!!

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...