Skip to main content

It's time to LIVE the REAL...

10 days of bed rest, post a surgery, gave me the much needed breathing space and got me to tread the introspective path which I seldom find time for in the humdrum of the fast paced career-tracked life of Bombay (Yes, I still belong to the rapidly diminishing cult of those who choose to refer to this city by its former name!).

We all dream as we grow. Dream of what we wanna do, what life we wanna lead, the hobbies/interests/aspirations we wanna pursue, the soul mate we seek, et al. But, how many of us do really strive to make these dreams come true? I, too, had mine, but somewhere en route this journey of life, I lost it, where is something, I am yet to figure out..!!

But, one thing is for sure, we have conditioned ourselves today to become someone we are not. We blame it on everything but us (or our own decisions); experience, reality, destiny n' all the crap. Crudely speaking, it is mere bull shit..!! It is we who stopped pursuing our dreams leaving it for a tomorrow that never comes or lacked the will n' determination to take it on n' see it come true.

If you think your dreams are unrealistic; you are wrong. What’s unrealistic is trying to live your life, working a maddening job in a corporate jungle, earning your bread n' butter being someone you are not, abhorring what you are doing n' for the rest of your life regretting not having endeavored to live your dream. You wish that you could quit this mind straining so-called career but you fear the financial repercussions and the crazy stress thereon. You wanna cling onto your passions and claim control over your own life, to your own freedom which today appears to be strings pulled by someone making you a puppet in real life.

I can vouch for this for even profession wise, I wanted to become a Research Scientist in Bio Chemistry but here I am with a career spanning 12+yrs in Technology. Honestly speaking, I, too, find myself at the cross roads at this point of my life but I have now made up my mind to pursue my personal dreams of being a poet n' nature photographer along with my existing career which I will voluntarily retire from in a few years from now.

I'm not going to be a part of this melee. I will not follow the mold, I will be different.

I will be MYSELF in a WORLD that is mine.

After all, LIFE is all about creating yourself.

What about YOU..??

Don't you think, it's time to stop living the farce; it's time to live the REAL..!!

Here's where... I am truly inspired and in sync with the base premise of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"; it's time for a John Galt to step in and take on the control's of the world's corporate governance and show them their true world. It's time to see in action Ayn Rand's theory of reality and objectivism in real. My heartfelt salutations to her to be able to foresee this in her times. Read the book, if you haven't as yet, who knows it might inspire you, too, the way it did to me..!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Factual!
Anonymous said…
Factual

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...