Skip to main content

Seasons n' Life..!!

It is November and the rains continue to pour in Bombay ever since the onset of the rainy season in June. In the last three decades of my life, I have never seen this happen. Not having had to go through the October heat has been a definite blessing in disguise. The weather is so pleasant, the smell of wet earth, thrilling and the eerie calmness, exciting; words fall short while expressing this splendour of Mother Nature. I can't say this for others but I certainly feel intoxicated with life when I am enveloped in an atmosphere as such! It brings out the child-woman within me who breaks herself free of all worldy bonds and feels one with herself.

If only, we all could live life so peacefully without having to be tied down with materialism, relationships and other worldy sighs. As Ayn Rand, rightfully questioned "So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?". I am not too sure if there are any real answers to same. Spirituality might come close to throwing some light on it but that is about it. Yet, how many amongst us would stop to ponder about it? We all run behind making money for time is all we have and time means money. Relations are no longer intense, they have become superficial and insignificant. Emotions are farce. Jumping to conclusions at the drop of a hat and taking random decisions have become the order of the day. To sum it all up; it is no longer about being real; it is more about being a survivor. I belong to the latter!

Seasons come and go but emotional upheavals seem to have become a part of my life. There are nights when sleep evades me and darkness engulfs my mind in a myriad of emotions, and then there are days when I wake up either with a strong will determined to make the most of the day and live my life to the fullest or numbed having been paralyzed with grief over the happenings around and the regret to cry. After having had a real intense life in the past; it is kind of real difficult to say that it has not affected me. It certainly has but it is time for me to "Get Up" n' "Move On..!!", once again in life, pulling up my guard and holding experience as my armour.

With a clean swipe of all the fate lines in the palm of my left hand in a freaky accident very recently; I am all set to make my own destiny this time around! It would be a rare few who would have got an opportunity as such and I having recognized it will not let this one pass. I have now learnt to value myself, which means: I will fight to seek my own realm.

I am leaving here with my favorite quote from Robert Frost, "The woods are dark and lovely and deep; I have miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep..."

Comments

Atul said…
Lovely stuff Ash.........
Atul said…
Lovely stuff Ash.........
vishal said…
this is one of those few moments that you freeze.we are so caught up in running and surviving .. i like that phrase here,that we rarely notice nature and the happenings around us.we have turned to immune beings.
i could readily identify what you are saying here.
we are with you on this ,ash.

Popular posts from this blog

Darkness Sorrow Loneliness Silence

      Can darkness grow darker? It can. When darkness grows darker, blackhole vacuums all trace of hope, and the soul surrenders to an unlit void. Can sorrow grieve? It can. When sorrow grieves, grief is the process that your heart goes through, and sorrow is the feeling your heart feels while grieving. Can loneliness lose itself in solitude? It can. When loneliness merges into solitude, you self-create an unwanted isolation, and empower an involuntary state of mind to mislay your existence. Can silence grow quiet? It can. When silence grows quiet, calmness and peacefulness cultivate, and the mind boosts paving way for creation. Let it.

Matter of choice..!!

Heck, three decades of life's journey and I didn't know whether I was coming or going..!! Seen it all... my dad's death right before my eyes, my marriage falling apart in 3 hours (I used to think it only happened in Hollywood..!!), disconnect within family, career swinging uphill and downhill, ghastly accident, financial crisis, betrayal in love, friends who were not really friends, solitude, depression... the list would go on n' on. Hell, I even attempted suicides when I couldn't take it in anymore but I survived. What did I learn from it..?? I was destined to live . Deep in the rampant carnage of what was left of my so-called "life" that was disintegrating me rapidly, I realized, I had to pause and make sense out of it as it was me and me alone who could get the handle on my life again. Death is an obvious, why then was I running towards it when it was running away from me? Whatever had to happen had happened and it was over. Why then was I not

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o