Skip to main content

One-day getaway from Bombay!!

The chaos at work place was getting to my nerves.There was no respite from the madness that was getting worser day after day with every passing moment. Beats me...why do we have work so hard if we can't grant ourselves the luxury of leisure even during weekends or enjoy on our earnings instead of continuing the drab!! Look around and you will realise, stress eating its way, succouring on every living soul, sucking vigour and freshness from each one of the lives depriving them of the very essence of LIFE. Everything seems so meaningless at times and yet we continue to strive hard at work, albeit mechanically!! Why?

It was in one such state of mind that I impulsively packed my bags and asked my friends to do so likewise for a getaway from Bombay. Fortunately, my friends were going through a similar phase and willingly agreed. All set, we met at Gateway to escape to the wonders of Mandwa to live by the waters which we all so much love.
Little did we know that mother nature had launched its own fury on us and was pouring cats & dogs on that very day when it was least expected. The jetty's refused to operate and we saw our plans getting washed away with the downpour till determination got the better of us and we decided that come what may, we will g e t a w a y !! Plomp...we boarded the train outbound to Karjat and did the bookings in a resort enroute our longish 2 hours journey. Rains never once left our side and continued its assault zll the way but our will remained undeterred.


Once in Karjat, we were marooned in our lodge that evening leaving us wonder whether we had taken the right decision and prayed as hell that the rains would stop for awhile to let us enjoy the beautiful farmlands of Karjat. Mercifully our prayers were answered in the wee hours of morning and we set afoot before dawn to wander and explore around. Its amazing what greenery can do to you mind and body. the visual treats captured our hearts and we lost ourselves to being one with nature. Cut off from the World Wide Web (which has kinda become an addiction) and the disdane of the handset buzz (as there was no network there!!), we felt light within - a state of soul that cannot be expressed in words as such apart from the fact that it felt BLISSFUL!! It was worth the journey every bit.

O Lord! Let us live every day of our life like this...was an earnest prayer from us; NO - promptly came the answer back from the sub concsious mind. "You have to return", it said to the realm of the world that we live in. Return back to the concrete jungle to earn our living, our daily bread and shoulder all the responsibilities as expected of us from our earthly ties and we packed our bags once again to tread back on the same road that we had set afoot a day earlier re-energized to wade through the daily grinds that once again lay awaiting us. What a getaway it was!! Hoping and hoping hard that we could afford more of such every now and then...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very fine......

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...