Skip to main content

Time to Unplug

The world is shrinking day by day courtesy the brilliant advancement of technology. We have discovered our long lost friends and relatives with whom we lost touch. People who were a wonderful part of our childhood and growing up years. Happy to re-bond? Yes. Have the time? No.

You are in a perennial race and you always are running out of time.

Today's world operates with rules of it's own. Rules of a different kind that force you to comply and you do so willingly to step up and keep pace. Just when you think you have understood it, the dynamics change and so you force yourself to adapt once again forgetting that you have your own little world that needs you and there is an "I" too. You keep thinking that you are doing it for them, for you but NO, this is not true. 

There was a time when we used to be strongly bonded in real and not via devices and gadgets. The montages of these random memories always evoke a genuine smile in your face. Why then are you letting it remain a part of a world gone by and not creating new?

Place few friends in a sitting table and you will see them lost in their smartphones; connecting with the world outside but not with those around them. Same is the case when the family gets together at the end of the day. The web of life has no connect. Strange but true. This is our life in real. A life completely missing on the reality checks, bonding and without any calling.

Time to PAUSE.
Time to UNPLUG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...