Skip to main content

Stranger in an Unknown City - Part I

I always longed to know and feel how it felt like to be a stranger in an unknown city. My wish was granted when I got an opportunity that forced me to relocate to a city, I had never visited before.

But what unfolded was totally unexpected..!! 

Having been bred in a city that is a destination dream for millions of people; the city had given me a lot. I believe somewhere during my lifetime, the city became a part of me; something that I never realized before. Stark realization, must say..!! 

The pangs crept in when I had to pack and had to decide what I would take with me and what I would leave behind while moving to my new place of abode. Suddenly, I found myself caught in the midst of nowhere. In the last few years, I had moments where I thought, I was done to death with this city and had nothing left but this was not how I felt now..!! After endless conversations with my inner self; I realized it was only memories that I could take with me and nothing else. What the city had was intangible; its spirit could not be captured in anything. This moment of truth was hard for me..!!

Just before I could board my flight; the time on my watch stopped. It was uncanny; it stunned me. I believe Mother Nature had started showing me signs and this was just the beginning. The city wasn't leaving me and I did not want to leave it, too, yet I had to. I moved on. Bottling my emotions within me, I opened my arms to the city that was unknown to me. I decided to give time, time to show a clearer picture to me. I was anonymous here. I knew no one here and nobody here knew me. The comfort of anonymity felt nice for a while. I wandered on and on. I explored places like never before. While I was doing this, I was alerted by the signs nature consipred for me.Every sign led to just one conclusion. "I did not belong here." May be it was all in my thoughts, may be it wasn't..!! In return to the open arms that I had extended to this city; I did not get any embrace. Everything around here feels strange. People are weird; their attitude, weirder. Their value system and mindsets go back by eons. It eventually comes across as a "Outsiders not welcome here" kind of city. I feel lonely even when I am in a crowd and this loneliness is of a different nature. It can't be expressed in words. Every passing moment, I experience the feeling of being "UnBelonged" here.

I am done with experiencing what it feels like being a Stranger in an Unknown City. Now, I long to return to my home in the city of my calling. When this will happen, I do not know but I will put in my all and not stop till I am in my own nest experiencing the feeling of being belonged, once again..!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...