Skip to main content

Living Life Realistically...

As Melody Rose says "The important people in our lives leave imprints. They may stay or go in the physical realm, but they are always there in your heart, because they helped form your heart. There’s no getting over that."

How true is it..?! If you introspect your own life, you'll realise that just a handful people actually fall in the afore mentioned cadre but if you look at your friend's list in FB or for that matter any social networking site they would be anywhere close to 250+ on an average. Do you really know all of them in depths? So which statictics are true? I would say, instead of going by the statistics which is just a random count of numbers based on some absurd formula as a base; it is better to follow your gut instincts though at times serendipity just about manages to throw in the surprise bloomers which act as warm respite. 

As you age, you'll come to realize that pleasing everyone is impossible but pissing everyone off is a piece of a cake. The expectations - fulfillment ratio has tilted off horrendously so much that its not worth a mention. Dealing with it detached and mechanically is the best way out..!!

Being a perfect human being in today's realm is a misnomer. I would say (after I've practiced it over years), adopt the realist approach; do what you're convinced of, spice it up with the values incultated in your system from your childhood, bellicose what needs to be revolted upon and just be YOU. The path is not laden with roses, you'll have to step out of your comfort zone, take the risks, struggle against the odds, attain your goals and realise your self worth for no one can do it for you. Its your LIFE and you're the author of your own book where you write your story in pen. Nothing can be erased from the past but you can only learn from them as experiences in life that help you surge ahead. Live every moment to the fullest for they'll form your memories when you look back at them.

There's always going to be bad stuff out there. But here's the amazing thing; light triumphs darkness, every time. You stick a candle into the dark, but you can't stick the dark into the light.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...