Skip to main content

TO EACH HIS OWN


It's really strange.. how one fine day when someone who has been a part of your life for long and is really close to you, just walks out of your life abruptly leaving you shocked, speechless n' high and dry with some vague reasoning created of their own mindset. Are true relations so frivolous? Are the foundations so weak??

True meaningful relations in life should only be formed when the base premise is that of TRUST and COMMITMENT for they have to be nurtured and cared to survive and thrive all the zeniths and nadirs of life. As long as this realm exists, the relation is blessed with harmony n' bliss. When relations are taken lightly, no amount of sacrifice n' efforts can salvage the damage done. It is in such times that it is better to let go and move on. There is no point in chaining someone when he/she doesn't want to. Relations are like holding sand in your palm. You try to grip them and you never know when they slide away from in between the gaps of your fingers. Every relation is a highway where the feelings and respect have to be mutual. Is being a patient listener with whom one can share uninhibitedly, a guide/mentor, a shoulder to lean on, a warm hug with real concern and regular touch asking for too much, eh..??

In this competitive world with its rapid pace of life that we all live in, there are enough situations that get us on our nerves and all that we expect at the end of day is space for ourselves. Yes, as individuals, we all need our space but at the same time we also need to understand that so does our friend/family/life partner/et al. It is essential to strike a balance here. The rigmaroles of life leave us in a rampant chaotic realm of which only we have to make some semblance and get it grounded to have some form of control over it.If we continue to live in our spaces, soon the world will be filled with emotionless head strong loners who would know how to handle the world but not how to handle the family and friendship realm as it would be an impasse to them.

To add to this, in our everyday lives, quite frequently, we feel surrounded by people who claim to be friends but are in fact false/fake friends. They just lurk around you, give you momentary boost of confidence to win you through for some hidden agenda of theirs, gain insights of you and then walk all over you once the deed is done. You cannot stop them until and unless you've evaluated them and the time that you take for this evaluation is what would leave you with a fresh set of memories to handle. It's all a part of life and we cannot avoid it, come what may..!!

The solution lies in being true, transparent, having faith and being loyal. Even the so-thought real friends who have managed to be there for you and you for them for years and years eventually end up failing you on some deep level that swears you off friendship/relation forever. Phew! Such break ups leave an indelible imprint in your mind, the impact of which you alone know..!!

No point sulking or trying to win them back again. You've to LET GO. Bottom line is you have to take it all in your stride and MOVE ON for in the end it is always true that "TO EACH HIS OWN".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...