Skip to main content

The "I" factor

Have you observed or realized that we all have an other side to us? I have. There are so many times that we toggle between the two and that is where the complexity in our life begins.

It all begins with the "I" and the dream or the belief that we feel which would help us create our own identity. In our journey of defining the "I"; we come across many junctures where we have to take decisions. While these decisions have life impacting changes on us, we fail to realize the gravity of it until much later. A second factor that we come across is relations. I find relations to be very wierd. While we take some seriously, we look through/take light the rest. All of us tend to do the same. This "looking through" process when one is serious and the other is not is what causes the heartburn and the negativities that follow. The third factor is our quest to earn and make money and fast track our career/business. The more we earn, the merrier and no amount is enough at the end of the day. Most of us end up compromising on our core integral values (the one with which we started our journey on) and go through a value change process at this level or re-align ourselves to the fetid realm called the "WORLD". This is actually the breakaway point. The fourth factor is our tendency to please one and all to avoid unpleasantries. Whether we actually want to do it or no, is another aspect but the fact remains. Again, we do so till a point and one fine day when our endurance limits reach their threshold point, we just give it up and move on not caring a damn about it thereby creating further complexities. Only if, we would do this pre-emptively and not fall prey to it..!!

In the midst of all this melee, we end up taking too many things for granted and end up with identity crisis in the 30s wondering where did our life go by? What did we actually do all along? I, too, walked the same path.

In my quest to identify my true calling recently when I suffered from identity crisis, I happened to trip on this reality of duality. It baffled n' stuck me hard as to why had I not realized this earlier. It would have saved a lot of damage that I had self-induced being ignorant of this reality check. Being one who doesn't belong to the cult of looking back n' repenting; I have decided to now be consciously aware about this existence and see how best I can leverage on it.

On a side note, my quest for finding out my true calling turned out to be "The Zahir" of my life. At one time; I seemed completely possessed by it unable to concentrate on anything else.

Zahir for those who are unaware according to Paulo Coelho is someone or something which, once we have come into contact with them or it, gradually occupies our every thought, until we can think of nothing else.

The moment, I realized what my calling was, I felt an immense sense of liberation as if I am born again.

finally ~
I felt intoxicated
intoxicated with life
for the first time ever
I sensed myself clean within
n' it felt within my soul
for once ~
I embraced my life, dearly
for by now I had realised
that I am a free spirit,
who has been born again..!!

Comments

kumar said…
well written aishwariya .It defnitely shows the way for many who are on crossroads of their lives to re think and start living all again

Keep it up !!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...