Skip to main content

Seasons n' Life..!!

It is November and the rains continue to pour in Bombay ever since the onset of the rainy season in June. In the last three decades of my life, I have never seen this happen. Not having had to go through the October heat has been a definite blessing in disguise. The weather is so pleasant, the smell of wet earth, thrilling and the eerie calmness, exciting; words fall short while expressing this splendour of Mother Nature. I can't say this for others but I certainly feel intoxicated with life when I am enveloped in an atmosphere as such! It brings out the child-woman within me who breaks herself free of all worldy bonds and feels one with herself.

If only, we all could live life so peacefully without having to be tied down with materialism, relationships and other worldy sighs. As Ayn Rand, rightfully questioned "So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?". I am not too sure if there are any real answers to same. Spirituality might come close to throwing some light on it but that is about it. Yet, how many amongst us would stop to ponder about it? We all run behind making money for time is all we have and time means money. Relations are no longer intense, they have become superficial and insignificant. Emotions are farce. Jumping to conclusions at the drop of a hat and taking random decisions have become the order of the day. To sum it all up; it is no longer about being real; it is more about being a survivor. I belong to the latter!

Seasons come and go but emotional upheavals seem to have become a part of my life. There are nights when sleep evades me and darkness engulfs my mind in a myriad of emotions, and then there are days when I wake up either with a strong will determined to make the most of the day and live my life to the fullest or numbed having been paralyzed with grief over the happenings around and the regret to cry. After having had a real intense life in the past; it is kind of real difficult to say that it has not affected me. It certainly has but it is time for me to "Get Up" n' "Move On..!!", once again in life, pulling up my guard and holding experience as my armour.

With a clean swipe of all the fate lines in the palm of my left hand in a freaky accident very recently; I am all set to make my own destiny this time around! It would be a rare few who would have got an opportunity as such and I having recognized it will not let this one pass. I have now learnt to value myself, which means: I will fight to seek my own realm.

I am leaving here with my favorite quote from Robert Frost, "The woods are dark and lovely and deep; I have miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep..."

Comments

Atul said…
Lovely stuff Ash.........
Atul said…
Lovely stuff Ash.........
vishal said…
this is one of those few moments that you freeze.we are so caught up in running and surviving .. i like that phrase here,that we rarely notice nature and the happenings around us.we have turned to immune beings.
i could readily identify what you are saying here.
we are with you on this ,ash.

Popular posts from this blog

Footprints in the sands of time

My mind wants to interpret the dreams that are mine; I want to fulfill these dreams that are mine..!! I am a dreamy eyed girl who set foot on my journey after my education, almost 2 decades back to create a mark of her own. My own signature identity as I call it..!! At the onset of the journey, I was surprised initially to discover, how little I knew of my strengths n' weaknesses and of the different facets of life, how much unknown I was to what I wanted to do with my life, how clueless I was about my destination and which road to take, I did not know whether what I was seeing was a reflection or a mirage; all I knew was that I had the had to move on and I had the unwavering will in my stride to create an identity for me. Initially, I accepted things at their face value and treated them as gospel only to face the consequences at a later stage. En route the journey, I learnt to value reality checks and dared to be real in a world of pretence. I accepted life in its tru...

Lost in translating Life..!!

Oh! How I wish I could backtrack my steps before moving forward any more. Maybe not so much retrace, either, as relive but to set straight certain matters which I should have way back then. What if life could be controlled by a remote, then no understanding would have been required at all; it would just be a series of clicks ..?! As a realist, I know that I cannot backtrack for the rules of nature are not as such but I can certainly pause  the "NOW" to surmise and comprehend the situation that I have in hand for I'm feeling lost in the translation of understanding the dynamics of life (a journey, I embarked upon couple of years back). The realm of life is such a vast expanse that even the timeline of a lifetime seems hell short of coping up with the pace of time to make sense of the reality of reality. Come what may we can only learn life backwards and live it forwards. There are no rooms for making repetitive mistakes; either learn from the first time you erred o...

Ever felt like a stranger in your own life?

I crossed the great ocean and yet, I halted so close to the shore when I found myself alone stripped off all will n' deplete of any energy to take me to the other side. I am not the only person who has reached such crossroads in life n' found myself at vain. A peek around tells me there are many like me. It is not that one fine day, I had lightening strike me out of the blue that made me realize that I am a stranger in my own life. I have felt so many-a-times n' till date it continues to harrow n' browbeat the winds out of me each time I go through it. It is more like a reality check crisis where I find me questioning myself on: Who am I? What am I doing? How on earth did I land myself here? Where did my life go by? What is the way ahead? Suddenly, my life seems surreal and I find myself as an observer who is observing my own life in reels. Such incidents come and go but they blur me out while they last. It is in such moments that I find it difficult t...